Samstag, 16. Juni 2012

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira is on Brazil’s “Dancing with the Stars,” and it’s amazing (VIDEO)

Somehow, this amazing, fantastic, worth every minute of your time video flew under my radar until reader Pedro Ivo Silva de Oliveira sent it to me. It's former UFC heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in Brazil's version of "Dancing with the Stars," and it's glorious.

He starts dancing around 3:30, but you'll want to give this video the full five and a half minutes.

There is so much to take in: the multicolored pleather costumes, the use of punches as a dance move, his footwork (or lack thereof), the ending pose in a choke. He could use some dancing tips from his teammate, UFC middleweight champ Anderson Silva.

Nogueira talked about why he's doing the show in an interview with Sherdog:

"I'll dance," Nogueira told Sherdog.com. "They called me to do it, and I'll be there. It's an opportunity to expose MMA to people who have never seen it. My grandmother, for instance, will attend 'Dance of the Famous,' but she doesn't watch my fights.

He is also preparing for his fight with Cheick Kongo at UFC 149. He is balancing training for his bout with training for the show.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/antonio-rodrigo-nogueira-brazil-dancing-stars-amazing-video-161608185.html

Vagam Bodjukyan

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen