Sonntag, 17. Juni 2012

Antonio Silva ‘could not see a thing’ in UFC 146 loss to Cain Velasquez

Antonio Silva sustained a cut in his loss to Cain Velasquez that gushed a whole lot of blood. Much of that blood went into his eyes, so it's not surprising that Silva said he couldn't see a thing in the fight.

"One of the main reasons I got defeated was that. I couldn't see a thing, there was a lot of blood and my eyes were burning. I tried to defend myself and not get hit at, shaking my head to see if I could get rid of that blood, but there was no way around it. From that moment on my corner was my eyes."

It's bad enough to not be able to see. Can you imagine not being able to see and having Velasquez repeatedly hit you? Silva tweeted that the cut required 13 stitches.

Not surprisingly, he received a medical suspension after the bout. He is out of action until July 23, possibly up to November if his nose is broken. Both possibly out of action until November, Velasquez and Jamie Varner received the longest suspensions because of hand issues.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/antonio-silva-could-not-see-thing-ufc-146-154132751.html

Jimmy Button Michael Byrne Antonio Cairoli Trey Canard

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen