Samstag, 9. Juni 2012

Jon Jones, manager speak out after DUI arrest

After his arrest for a DUI early Saturday morning, Jon Jones posted a statement on his Facebook page. He started by saying he "screwed up big time."

"I'm truly sorry to those of you that I may have embarrassed in any way, to those of you with kids that I may have let down. I will prove to them as well as to myself that no matter what is happening in life, we can always work our way back and make things even better than before."

Jones' manager, Malki Kawa, went on MMA Weekly Radio and pleaded for fans to give Jones a chance.

"I would just kind of like to let the fans know to give him a chance. Give yourself a chance to get all the facts in yourselves, wait until everything gets said and done, and then at that point if you want to vilify him afterwards and you heard him speak and you heard him say his part and then vilify him, I can't control what people are going to say. But it is too soon; it is too quick in my opinion. He really is a decent guy. He's a very, very good guy, trying his hardest to be a good role model, a good example, and he wants to be that. No one's perfect and he's never said he was and never said that he doesn't make mistakes. It's a fact he made a mistake. He messed up and I'm sure he's going to come out and apologize and do what he's got to do."

I've been surprised by the amount and type of vitriol aimed towards Jones for this incident. I find drunk driving deplorable and have no problem with Jones (if found guilty) or anyone else who is found guilty of such reckless, selfish, disgusting behavior spending a whole lot of time in a jail cell.

But the comments here, on Facebook and on Twitter have had a gleeful tone. Too many people are happy that Jones screwed up. Let's be clear here. Jones could have killed someone. Jones could have killed himself. This arrest is no reason to rejoice.

Source: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewriter/jon-jones-manager-speak-dui-arrest-184755532.html

Wes Soldier Combs  Ray Cooper  Kit Cope  Wesley Cabbage Correira 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen